Thursday, August 26, 2010

Been gone awhile



Sooo,
I've been gone awhile, and without the Internet for a couple of months. I am back, and my life seems back to normal now, but I still feel a bit unsettled and like things could change in a split second. I was on a grand adventure, but I am very glad to be back home—with my garden and my front porch where I like to sit and sew bears. I am trying to get ready for a bear show (my first ever!), and to finish different bear requests (thanks to all my dear bear customers who have waited patiently). Here are a few pics of finished bears......
Both are made of different materials than I usually use. The pink one is an antique or vintage velvet. It is an absolutely beautiful fabric, but an absolute BEAR to sew, I probably will never make a bear from it again. The other bear is made from a wispy viscose fur that I absolutely love. It is old stock from Edinburgh Imports that I have had for a long time, and had hoarded because it was discontinued. I also have a Pooh-ish yellow and light pink of this fabric, that I need to cut into.
Both bears are ADOPTED.

No comments: