Sunday, May 1, 2011

Inspirational Sunday and the last pink bears

So it's been a while...

I have been busy being pregnant I guess, but after a scare in the hospital, I am now on bedrest, and have lots of time to post some of the tons of pics I have taken. I have also been busy with new bear patterns and little bears you might soon see on Etsy or maybe even eBay. The pink bears are the very last of a recycled vintage stuffed animal from the 50s that had seen better days. I went crazy and just used it all up, so these four are the end of that fur. One of the bears was sent to her new home in Canada, to an online friend of mine.
For Inspirational Sunday,
First is an aqua panda from my vintage toy collection. I don't know his exact age, but he is still in good condition and so cute with his little googly eyes. He makes me want to try my hand at making a little Ellie.

This picture is of some of the loot I got from one of my last visits to the flea market. Little bags full of vintage goodies is one of my favorite ways of getting inspired. I often buy neat little trinkets even if I have not thought up a use for them yet. I can never say no to vintage laces and trims in candy colors. The embroidered little girl face was just too precius to pass up. I believe it is a doll or child's pillowcase. It is amazing to me that someone put so much love and time into the making of it.

No comments: